Galaxy Tab 3 8.0" 3/4g Quick Review after a week's use

So last week I decided to sell my galaxy s4 and to give my galaxy tab 10.1 to my father in law. Got £265 for my s4 on eBay by the way. I got thinking about which device could handle being both a tablet and a phone.

The galaxy tab 3 was top of my list. I chose the 8" because it's light and has the best camera of the tab 3s. Off I went to O2 Crawley were 3 staff laughed at me when I said I wanted the tablet to also use as a phone. They said the 3 or 4g only referred to data not gsm support. Little did they know that I always do my homework and know my Samsung gadgets. I bought it for £350 and put my O2 card in and that was it, a very functional big phone. I did let O2 know to inform their staff about the gadget's capability.

First thing I noticed was battery drain and Google+ was responsible for over 40%. This was with instant upload off. I uninstalled and all was restored. Before this I had 11 hours usage and after this I now have just over 24 hours with WiFi constantly on.

There was a lot of lag on the stock keyboard so I replaced it with Google's keyboard. Flows like butter.

The camera is awesome but it's disappointing that there is no flash. Luckily,  I don't use the camera flash.

In currently exploring memory card issues but nothing major. Will keep you updated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Frustration with O2 and lack of understanding of support for the 4G version of Samsung's Galaxy Watch 3

Galaxy s2 battery drain after ics update (Poor battery life)